View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013   #23
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian's Mid Season Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
If Erik Ebron, UNC is there at this pick, do you take him instead?

Just out of curiosity. I think Ebron is gone by this point though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I think you and I discussed Ebron a bit earlier, and I think bolded is what happens but if he's there I would take Ebron all day.
Further to earlier discussion about Ebron vs Sefarin-Jenkins. It would not hurt my feeling to much at this point if Ebron and Amaro were the first two TEs off the board and Sefarin-Jenkins was available when the Texans pick in the 2nd rd. In my mind I think S-J could be the best TE in the 2014 draft.

In August of this year Sefarin-Jenkins was the #1 TE going into the 2013 season after his 69 catch, 852 yd, 7 TD, 2012 season. This year he only has 20 catches. Amaro with 64 catches/851 yards and Ebron with 35 catches/625 yards are blowing his doors off. So why is that?

HC Sarkisian after signing 3 top wr and due to the fact that so many Pac12 teams run an uptempo no huddle offense he made a similar change to his offense. This offense is more friendly to RBs and WRs and less friendly TEs. The Pro Style offense previously run was more conducive to Sefarin-Jenkins game. As a result S-J receptions have dropped to an all-time career low of 20 catches. Compound this with an off season DUI and 1 game suspension and Sefarin-Jenkins has fallen of many radars. However he is still the same TE he was when setting WASH Huskies records as a true freshman and sophomore.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote