View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013   #21
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian's Mid Season Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
If Erik Ebron, UNC is there at this pick, do you take him instead?

Just out of curiosity. I think Ebron is gone by this point though.
Don't know, I do think one would have to give strong consideration to Ebron, Amaro and Sefarin-Jenkins and also consider how well they test at Combine as part of that process. I do think all 3 today are worthy of an early 2nd rd consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Interested in why no OT. Do you think Newton gets better, Williams returns or are you moving Q to RT? If the latter, I don't see Hopkins starting. Please expound.

Also, manziel has been beaten up bad this season, do you think he will survive NFL or do you see him playing different style than 1-2-3 run?
Yes to Q and Williams. I agree OT is the biggest hole in my draft however 2 draft picks were used at the position last year. I hate redundant drafting. My thinking is Williams and/or Q will be an upgrade to Newton, hopefully. If Marcus Williams doesn't test well at combine then an OT replacement would make sense there.

On to Manziel, IMHO Johnny Football has looked like he has improved on his 1-2-3 run. Manziel is being privately coached by George Whitfield Jr. http://whitfieldqb.com/ and it appears to me that it's been having some very positive results. Now when Johnny does run he does make something happen (1st down). 1-2-3 Run seems more like 1-2-3-4 Run unless there is real pressure and he's much better at avoiding pressure.

There is not a more exciting football player on the field to day than Johnny Football. I can only imagine how exciting it would be going to Reliant every Sunday to watch Johnny Football play. Must be something like the Redskins fan and Colts fans are experiencing going to see RGIII and Luck.

In regards to injuries, all QBs have been injured, the Great Peyton now has sprained ankles is getting shots before the game. Manning & Brady both have missed seasons because of injuries. Yes Jonny Manziel will likely get injured but chances are very good so will any other QB you draft. Another thing I love about Johnny Football is late in the game and the team needs to score, you got to love your chances with Johnny Manziel. You can't say that about many college QBs today.

Johnny Manziel = #3 Completion %/.730; #4 Passing Efficiency/181.9; #5 Passing Yards/2594; #7 Passing TDs/22; #3 Total Offense/386.4 yds per game, all while often being taken out early because of big leads.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/11
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote