Thread: Tajh Boyd
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tajh Boyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Now after that video ended, there was this highlight video of Marcus Mariota

Still can't tell how tall he is, & he looks lanky.... Joe Flacco-ish, Matt Ryany...... But I like his arm. That's a big time arm. More athletic than Boyd & appears to be going through progressions. Even buying time looking for something downfield, before he decides to make a run for it.

His arm looks much better, his accuracy looks much better (but it is a highlight video). Still not impressed with him going through progressions. Looks like he's got his mind made up & he's waiting for his guy to open up.
Mariota's completion percentage is under 60% which is ~10% lower than the other QB's expected to go in the top 2-3 rounds. That includes Bridgewater , Manziel , Carr , Hundley , McCarron and Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What's interesting is that his reputation, prior to that game, was that he was a guy who stepped up in big games.

I'm not sure that the FSU game wasn't an aberration. I still don't know that I would want to draft him, though.

I, personally, would sell the farm for Mariota.
I thought the same thing about that FSU game .... Boyd has come up big several times in pressure situations over the past couple seasons.
I really liked him and had him as the top rated Sr QB but the past few weeks have me questioning his position again.

Not sold on Mariota ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote