View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #108
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This should be on every page of the thread. The Texans could spend their first round picks on OL and DL for the next ten years and I might be happy. Win the trenches and everyone else benefits.
While I too watch the trenches, good corners are also important, especially with a passing QB that needs only 3 seconds to release. If Keenum is THAT guy and gets the ball out, our OL should be much better and that decreases need for high pick for line. True that Wade Smith & Myers are not playing lights out, they were cheap adequate players that did not cost much. Hopefully Jones should be ready to replace at center in 2014. Myers' guarantee is paid this season and we can save by cutting him. Brandon Brooks 13th pick in 3rd starting RG and DQ appears to be heir apparent at LG in 2014. Quessenbury was a 6th. I can see why Texans lean toward later rounds for O line.