View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Colts game and 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Last yr in the playoffs had 12 qbs

Peyton,luck,flacco,rg3,rogers,ryan,and ponder were 1st rd picks.
Dalton,kapernick, were early 2nd rd picks
Wilson,schaub were 3rd rd picks
Brady was a 6th

Judging that tells me your qb should be a 1 or high 2nd rd pick.
If we look at the teams with a winning record in the afc right now. Peyton,Smith,River,Luck,Brady,and dalton. That's 4 1st rd picks a high 2nd and brady, the exception.
Or it says that teams give the most opportunity to the guy they drafted highly. I don't think Ponder has any higher upside than a guy like Cousins, for example, much less Wilson. But he was taken in the first round and therefore has gotten a ton of opportunity. Wilson would not have gotten the opportunity he's gotten on a team like the Texans. You see it at every position, but it's definitely amplified at the QB position. The Pats took Brady late in the draft, but they didn't give him a shot at starting until the starter went down to injury. And I think only a handful of coaches (if that) would have stuck with Brady once Bledsoe came back.

High draft pick just means you're going to get more chances. Especially with how important the position has become, you see guys drafted highly that don't deserve it, based solely on projections.