View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #107
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
For me , it would really depend upon who was left on the board at the time.

If Anthony Barr , Jake Matthews or one of the top QB's falls (pending Keenum's performance) ... Im gonna use the pick. Couple other guy's I'd seriously consider taking too - CJ Mosley & Louis Nix come to mind. You'd have to really compensate me well to pass on landing one of them.

If I can get an impact player at ILB , OLB , OT , DE or NT its going to be really difficult to move out of that slot.

Yeah , it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong for this team.
I don't think any of us expected Schaub to fall as far as he has. He was just abysmal .... I expected him to at least make good decisions with the ball.

Ed Reed was a mistake , shoulda kept Quin. He's been outplayed by Shiloh Keo.

They drafted two OLB's both of whom look like busts in hindsight.

Cushing and OD being injured ....

Injuries to both OL they drafted ..... and Newton playing poorly.

Everything they did blew up in their faces .....
Agreed,

But I can remember when C-N-D warned us about Schab's foot. If C-N-D can figure out the extent of Schaub's foot injury with not nearly as much info as the Texans team docs. Surely you would think Rick/Gary would have a contingency plan in place. Why they didn't baffles me.

Poor drafting by Rick/Gary/Wade and co this yr. Until the Texans find a NT that can command double teams, all of the Texans ILB's are in jeopardy of getting hurt/steamrolled.

Quessenberry was plain bad luck, but drafting an injured Williams in the 3rd was a mistake that could've been forecasted. Every time I watch the Packers and see Bahktiari (SP?) knowing he was picked in the 5th rd and wtching him do a good job blocking Allen/Peppers/Ansah it makes me wish we had the Packers GM.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote