View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts game and 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Just to keep my thinker thinking and you know on my last posted mock I selected McCarron in 3rd, the starting QB usually gets 99% snaps with Texans and if Keenum is that guy, he will get same. Why not use higher picks for other positions & allow "projects" like Yates and late round or UDFA train? Now if I think Keenum may not be the guy (and that is why I select AJ) of course go higher. That is why Keenum needs to show something Sunday. I am researching a new (to me) prospect for 7th round..

ILB: as posted elsewhere, Phillips today blew up the idea of Reed to inside. What makes you think we will select the answer at OLB with our draft history? You are more optimistic than I. lol

Q: I agree that he could possibly be a RT for us but that leaves LG wide open as nothing on roster now. So if you think you want him at RT you have to draft for LG and very high. Even if Brennan Williams is healthy, I don't see his skills at either OG. So any mock you do should have OG top 3. Too bad there are not many.
This team has so many needs. Where teams get in trouble is when they pass up the best talent for need. I want a RT and a backup OG too. But if Keenum is the man I would draft a dominate NT or pass rusher in the 1st. Those guys are much harder to fill than a RT/OG.

There should be some real good LG/RT talent in rds 3-4. If Ques (Likely) and/or Williams make it back, (Unlikely) then the OL just needs depth.

If Williams doesn't make it back I could see Quessenberry playing RT and the Texans drafting an OG in rd 4-5 and Rick signing a vet minimum OG. depth will still be an issue. But no more of an issue than the current Rick/Gary regime.

Thanks for showing some Carrethers highlights. I dont think he makes it to the end of rd2. He's this yrs Brandon Williams. Williams has been getting PT with the Ravens, he's the reason they cut Spears yesterday. The Ravens have alot of depth on their DL. I wish I could say that about the Texans.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote