View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013   #104
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Hypothetical situation, if we end up in the 12th spot in the draft and trade down to around 20-21 we should be able to pick up a mid 2nd round pick as compensation. This would help us alot with being able to fill another team hole with high quality talent. Would you guys support such a trade down, and are there any teams that you can realistically think of that would trade up with us? Any teams with multiple 2nd round picks? Maybe someone going after a QB that falls or Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, possibly Anthony Barr etc...
For me , it would really depend upon who was left on the board at the time.

If Anthony Barr , Jake Matthews or one of the top QB's falls (pending Keenum's performance) ... Im gonna use the pick. Couple other guy's I'd seriously consider taking too - CJ Mosley & Louis Nix come to mind. You'd have to really compensate me well to pass on landing one of them.

If I can get an impact player at ILB , OLB , OT , DE or NT its going to be really difficult to move out of that slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Yeah, the front office seemingly did about all it could to fix things, there was just a bunch of bad luck involved, from Cush being injured at around the same point, Schaub just coming apart, retaining talented players at the expense of guys like Winston and allowing Newton to start, who, in turn, doesn't develop...

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Only one team can win it all every year, and mostly on the strength of having the least bad luck.
Yeah , it just seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong for this team.
I don't think any of us expected Schaub to fall as far as he has. He was just abysmal .... I expected him to at least make good decisions with the ball.

Ed Reed was a mistake , shoulda kept Quin. He's been outplayed by Shiloh Keo.

They drafted two OLB's both of whom look like busts in hindsight.

Cushing and OD being injured ....

Injuries to both OL they drafted ..... and Newton playing poorly.

Everything they did blew up in their faces .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote