View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013   #2120
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

as others have stated, i believe kubiak's job is tied to keenum. if keenum does well, mcnair will almost have to keep kubiak to see how far we can take it, which i believe is the right call. if keenum flops, kubiak may be out with him ... which i cant argue with considering our QB play so far this year. if keenum hints at greatness though, you cant take the system away from him - keenum was built for this walsh-zone blocking-WCO.

my opinion on kubiak is well known, i'm a supporter. my feelings towards wade are exactly the same. these are the two men who i believe will lead us to multiple superbowls. what they're missing is a more heavy oversight regarding assistant coaching. they both draft well (usually), have great schemes, are among the best of teachers, and get complete effort from the players. what they lack is a higher up to make the ugly calls, and an assistant to challenge the established setting.

jay gruden's been mentioned ... i would absolutely love him as a coordinator. heck, i'd bring john back as a coordinator. the problem on offense isnt kubiak, it's that it seems to ONLY be kubiak - the same situation that got shanahan fired from denver. you cant have one man calling every shot, it cant work. wade similarly seems to have too much 'control'. i started to use the word freedom, but that would be the ideal - a more free approach within the system instead of a confined setting. our schemes most definitely can be described as boxes. we dont need someone thinking outside of it, we just need a couple guys who are willing to round it out and poke the edges a little bit.

i think keenum is about to remind us why we hired kubiak though. kubiak and wade seem to have caught the dom capers disease - we're struggling, dumb it down and play cautious and keep it close. this is i believe why wade's defenses have a tendency to regress, he perfects and cleans instead of finding new edges. keenum is a license to "let 'er rip" that we havent seen in quite a while.

edit: i'm so repetitive when i drink

Last edited by Scooter; 10-30-2013 at 07:06 AM.