View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013   #83
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This is good news, Carrethers has gotten better this yr? He has always had lack of stamina issues. He definitely has talent. I didn't watch him this yr. I did see some of him last yr. He was impressive.

If he has gotten better I wouldn't wait until the 3rd for him. I would pick him in the 2nd. Big men that can move are hard to find. Do you have any links for this yr for him?
Of interest:
Carrethers made 16 tackles in a loss to Louisiana-Lafayette. For a linebacker or a safety, that would be a high total, but not unheard of. For a 330-pound defensive tackle, it's positively outrageous. Carrethers (6-foot-2, 330 pounds) was credited with six solo stops and 10 assists for the Red Wolves. For an interior defensive lineman, 16 tackles typically represents a month or more of production.

By comparison, Tennessee nose guard Daniel McCullers, one of the nation's most highly regarded draft prospects at the position, has made 24 tackles in his eight games this season..
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...arkansas-state

Carrethers started every game as junior in 2012, finishing the season with a career-best 68 tackles that were the sixth most on the team and the most by an A-State interior defensive lineman since Jon Bradley recorded 68 as well in 2002. He averaged 5.2 tackles per game to rank tied for 39th in the Sun Belt, but ahead of all other interior defensive linemen in the league.

http://www.kait8.com/story/22843520/...ard-watch-list

http://www.kait8.com/story/22378588/...13-freaks-list

What got my attention Steel, was a heads up I received prior to season indicating that Carrethers had decided to go after the NFL. Like most kids he had talked about it but had not committed. He met with coach and was put on rigid diet losing about 25 lbs to apprx 332. I lost sight of him until recently deciding Mitchell is not the answer and only two Nose's stood out. Nix and...Carrethers. Will follow him rest of season. Anyone remember Mister Cobble whom I mocked last two seasons and he kept returning to school? I was able to watch him recently and he is no longer on my radar. Same with DaQuan Jones who was non factor Saturday.