View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 Houston Texans 2014 Mock #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
So in this scenario you basically are saying the Texans will end up with one of the worst records, because that's probably the only way we have a chance at Barr. He'll be gone before the 10th pick. Personally, I hope we don't pick that low. I'm hoping for Case to turn the team around and we make the playoffs, but I digress....

As for Murray, I'm just not sold on any of the QB's coming out this year. It looked promising before the season, and it certainly is a better crop than this past draft class, but I guess, as the season has worn on, I just don't see any QB that looks that good. They all have wort's! There is no Luck or RGIII. Heck, I don't think they have a Ryan Tannehill in this class! I could be wrong, but as of now, I just don't see any of them being good enough to start. Murray could be good if they sit him and he has time to learn. I guess a lot will depend on what Keenum and the team do for the rest of the season. If Keenum's the guy, then I would want to use that 2nd pick on something else (maybe ILB or DE) and pick up a QB a little later.

When I made this mock we were in the #5 spot of the draft, I went with the current standings. We are now in the 7th/8th spot depending on which site you use. When the season is done I think we'll be selecting in the 10-12 range.

As for QB's I tend to agree with you, I'm not overly impressed by anyone yet. Nobody screams trade up and get that guy. I don't see a Luck or RGIII in this draft yet but they've got time to improve and change our minds. I like what I see in Murray, thus the reason I took him in the 2nd round. I think we need to remember that alot of these guys will get better once their season is over and they get into camps prepping them for the Combine and the NFL.

@SteelB, I really like Nix as well but when we were in the #5 spot I just couldn't pass on Anthony Barr when our LB corp. is arguably our weakest squad on the team and thus our greatest need.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote