View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What happened to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

I know to sounds crazy that adding a single player could make that much difference. Show me a single 3/4 defense that was considered dominate without a stud DT. I'm not jus talking about a big guy. I'm talking about a stud DT that commanded double teams. Bet cha can't.
As far as your thoughts on adding a WR being validated.... not even you could have guessed Matt would have 9 Ints & just 8 TDs to this point. The only good thing about Schaub, was that he took care of the ball.

Then you say, "Even Wade's 3-4" Insomuch as a guy like Wilfork dominates regardless what front he's playing yes. You get a player like that & it doesn't matter, he's going to make it easier on everybody.

But we basically play a 4-3 with 3 down linemen. Mercilus is basically a DE that stands up & Brooks is a SAM line backer. What will really help us is a dominant 3 tech to take Antonio's place. He's not bringing it like he used to & while I used to think Jamison or Crick would step into that role, I think it's time to expand our search.