View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #46
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
The Texans were long overdue for getting that #2 wide receiver. I don't see anything wrong with the pick - they can only hope to fill one hole with any one pick.
I'm always a BPA supporter. I was ok with the pick as far as telnet goes. Position wise I thought and still think it was a bad choice. The WR position was deep. I felt we could go into the second or even third round and get a quality number two guy. I also felt that giving Matt Schaub another weapon was not near as important as improving the middle of our weak ass defense. Matt already had a top 4 RB with a solid backup. A top 10 or so TE. A top 5 WR.

Adding another WR no matter how good IMO wasn't going to do mutch as long as Matt was our QB. I think my thoughts have been validated considering our record and position.

Now on to the defense. Stay with me here. This defense is closer to being dominant than most believe. The 3/4, even wades version is at its best when it has a big strong DT that can push the pocket. You add that to this defense and it changes everything. All the sudden Watt isn't getting doubled and triple teamed as much. Our OLBs actually start contributing more than just setting the edge. We start getting pressure on the QB which makes our secondary look better.

I know to sounds crazy that adding a single player could make that much difference. Show me a single 3/4 defense that was considered dominate without a stud DT. I'm not jus talking about a big guy. I'm talking about a stud DT that commanded double teams. Bet cha can't.