View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #397
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm not sure poe is the impact that you're implying. sure he's a good player that's playing really well, but those guys are studs on their own. we dont have olb's anything near hali and houston regardless of who we sign around them. heck we already have the D-MVP and a probowler inside and cant get an edge rush.

edit: dont get me wrong, i absolutely love having a two ton DT in the middle to push the pile. i'd sign poe in a heartbeat or nix if he's the beast some are talking about. i just dont think adding a mountain in the middle is going to affect the lack of talent we currently have at linebacker.

Without the derailing of the thread,I will try to connect the dots for you. When you have a jamaal williams,ted washington,casey hampton,and even the recently mentioned poe playing nose,it limits pocket movememnt of the qb. Notice I didn't say scramble,I said pocket movement. To be clear,the really good qbs climb in the poecket. They find little alley to avoid the rush. When you have a big 0 technique,he keeps the qb in the line of sight of the olb or de and keeps them in the phone booth. Most qb get uncomfortable when the big guy is controlling the middle and killing space. Notice how pittsburgh can't get to the qb since the demise of casey hampton?

If the texans had a 0 technique,when the olb come off the edge,the qb would have very limited space to move inside the pocket. Since the texans have mitchell who is more 3 tech who gets washed down a lot,the olbs have to work much harder to get a sack cuz th qb can just climb in the pocket. Its also dominoes to a lot of other aspects of the defense. Since they are small,wade has resorted to run blitzing. This is cool when u guess right,but just like in dallas as eveidence by some of the long,gashing inside runs,guards get on ilbs and its a long run play. When you have that stout 0 taking up 2 guys,and watt taking 2guys,what's left? That's why when john jenkins was sitting there in the 3rd,I thought the texans should draft him. He is the main reason why the woeful saints defense from last year are playing at least solid in the 3-4. Poe's pro bowl caliber play is the main reason why hali and houston got those 2 way go's against tackles. They play man on the back end and poe,jackson,and devito tie up 5.5 blockers and these dudes are one on one with a 2 way go.