View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #2109
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: potential HC question

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
If you could have any HC on the market, who would you choose and why?

Hypothetically speaking, who would your ideal HC be?

Wade? Strong from Louisville? Any college coach? Some friends of mine have suggested Gruden, but he always looks delusional on TV

I would personally like to see us go Bill Cowher...
I like cowher. However, he is not a coordinator and has been away from the league for a while. So, the question to answer is: what will his staff look like? Who runs the offense? The defense? He can't poach guys from other teams unless he is promoting them... Who could he get? And can a quality staff be quickly built? Otherwise, we are looking at intense frustration until he cycles through coaches and finds the right guys... A process that could easily take 3 or 4 years... If not more.