View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004   #16
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

you want respect? you want attention? as vinny said the only way to get it is to win. not just win mind you...win those important games. the games in wich everyone in the media will be watching (and yes i buy into a west coast east coast bias). win those games against former playoff teams and win those games when we get national attention.

from where we sit now i think our most crucial "respect game" is :

11-21 green bay. (national tv and a playoff team last year)

followed by both indy games and the kansas city game. one could argue for the titans games and the vikings games as well.

if the jets should happen to do really well this season that could also garner the attention you guys seem to crave so badly ,because of the market and the fact that the game is late in the season.

personally, i'd perfer the texans to play cinderella as long as i dont have to listen to knuckleheads like ditka outright trash our team.

on a side note, i think of our team in terms of players sometimes.....namely seth wand. this year is like wands rookie year. good talent...a lot of tools that could be better then average if he matures just right...we're brimming with raw potential...but we are still unpolished ,unrefined, unproven. i think of the team next year as wand is now. wand has his starting oppurtunity and we should finnaly have enough players who will have evollved enough to reach their prime to begin next year. i think our team should have a legit shot at the playoffs next season. this year im trying not to get caught up in all the message board hype. i'll take 8-8 this year and consider 10+ next year attainable.