View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wolf6151 Houston Texans 2014 Mock #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
No, but I think KJ gets re-signed, we've got JJo for another 2 yrs., and I hope for improvement from Bouye to push Harris and McCain. If we could trade down in the 1st and add another 2nd and 3rd/4th round picks then I'd love to grab some early round CB talent. As is we've got more holes in the team than picks in the draft and sacrifices have to made somewhere. At CB we at least have some starter level talent and their are much bigger holes on the team than CB depth.

I think Barr gives us an instant pass rush and solidifies our starting LB's along with moving Reed to ILB. That instant pass rush also helps our secondary alot. Great CB's with an a poor pass rush get exposed, average CB's with a great pass rush look great.
Love this mock and would be perfectly happy if the draft fell this way. Rick only wishes his draft could be this good. I think the Texans will finish between 5-11, 6-10, that would probably put them in the 7-11 range and Barr will most likely be gone.

With that said, the Texans defense biggest problem is they are 3rd worst against the run in between the tackles. So my pick in the 1st rd would be Nix. He reminds me of a young Wilfork. Nix will command double teams and free up Watt. Mercilus should also benefit with the drafting of Nix. This will help improve the pass rush immensely. It also free's up Mitchell to play some DE and spell Crick at DE and Nix at NT. This also improves the much lacking depth along the DL.

I really like Barr though. That guy is a stud.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote