View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Marciano still around? Accountability!

I don't understand how a special teams unit is so bad for multiple years. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

There isn't a ton of scheming going on. It's fairly repetitive stuff. Special teams isn't like offense or defense where you have to learn plays and study what your opponent does for hours.

It's mostly about discipline, ability and effort. It's not like the opposing special teams are fooling them.

There is a problem in the link somewhere. Marciano's special teams haven't been this bad. Honestly, I would pin this on the head coach and the team overall. Bad teams tend to have problems everywhere. Or else they wouldn't be that bad.

Marciano knows special teams. He has a special teams assistant that I'm pretty sure knows special teams. I can't imagine that he's not telling these guys the right things to do.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote