View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #276
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Are you aware that the Rockets last won a playoff series was in 2009? That was with one superstar already injured with the other getting injured during the second round. That was further than the Texans had been. Then they make the playoffs last season. Your math may be right, but youre using it for the wrong stuff and it doesn't make sense.

Let this sink in, the injury to two of his superstars four years ago caused him to have to shuffle the roster for three seasons toto land Harden last year. Morey had the assets and cap space thing down and now other tens are poaching the Rockets front office. tell me, who from the Texans front office gets pulled to other teams? Morey lost like three assistants over the off-season.
This thread has devolved too much. This is my last reply to this take. Morey has not fielded a team that anyone considered reasonable favorites to get to or win a championship until this season. 6 years. Smith has done it for the past 3 - this year included.

I'm NOT defending Smith. People just seem to throw Morey out as an example of "how it should be done". He wanted Howard last year. He wanted Gasol. If he gets either he doesn't get Harden. If Howard does well in the Lakers system, he may stay in LA. He's smart but he got lucky too.