View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #268
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't see a difference between Jjo & Matt Schaub. Both were good enough in their day, but I haven't seen Jjo play at a pro-bowl level in about as long as I've seen Schaub play at that level.

He's definitely not done anything in the last 2 seasons (yet, since this season is far from over) to make me want to take a $10M cap hit.
The corner backs are being put in a very difficult position. I think they are both playing very well. However, they are left playing straight man defense too often. They are very good at it. However, because it is so predictable, teams can have such confidence of that island that QBs do not have to hestitate or worry about misreading the coverage. And, because safeties are not rolling into the coverage and zone is seldom mixed in, KJ and JJ are not being given opportunities to aggressively attack the ball on short routes... Therefore, it is almost irresponsible of them to attempt to make a play on the ball when it is 3rd and 7 and the WR runs a seven yard out.