View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2014 Mid-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
first pick has to be out of the park, feel confident in Mack given Texan Lb liability which is essential to run Wade Phillips system. look they lost both Mario Williams then Connor Barwin back to back. somethings gotta give.

lack of elite TE production is killing this team. Owen is on a downward spiral & frankly not a big fan of Garrett Graham upside, seems fairly limited to me. Austin is a freak, only question is will he still be available? picked based off need & BPA.

problem with Texan OL is that they've gotten bigger but slower. not what I remember Gibbs drawing up initially with his version of ZBS. Hickey is a smaller more mobile ZBS OT plenty strong enough not to be bull rushed yet quick enough to deal with speed on the edge. great pick @ position of need.

I'm not sure BB if Ryan will still be there but if he is heck of a pick. moved NT way up on my hierarchy of needs for Texans, as mentioned nailed Chris Jones last year but they tried to be too cute & lost him.

Fales dropping to top of the 5th not out of question. seems like a decent kid with starter potential but developmental.

I'm sick every time I see Holliday, another player mocked to Texans in the 6th. this would be a much earlier 6th plus intangibles all way around addressing a sore thumb need.

Blair is nothing special, but a solid football player who could make this roster right now & address shortage @ LB. Special teams a plus. All these players need or should make the roster as it stands. I'll give Ed Reed one more year to see what he can do if that is all next draft I'm going defensive backfield heavy.
I have to agree with you on the TE play of this team and I really think OD will be gone next year. I don't know much about Jenkins but he has the right size. Is he fast? Does he block well? Kubes has never picked a TE this high in the draft, but if they cut ties with OD, he may just go for a TE like this in the 2nd.

As for the O-line, there's likely 3 pieces (Brown, W.Smith, Newton) that are having issues with 2 of them needing to be replaced. Brown's issues, I believe, are due to his off season surgery and I fully expect him to get back to normal soon. Wade Smith is getting long in the tooth and needs to be replaced. Thought they did this by drafting Quiz and he could still be the answer at LG, or he could end up replacing Newton at RT. In any case, they need to draft at least 1 O-lineman next year and see which one (Newton, Quiz, B. Williams, or draft pick) will win out at RT. I don't know anything about Hickey but he seems like a good pick in the 3rd.

Of course we don't know how the season plays out, where the Texans will pick, and if Kubes and company will be back next year, but all in all, I think this is one of the better mocks I've seen. It addresses all the areas of need and most of the players look to be solid selections.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote