View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 2014 Mid-Season Mock

first pick has to be out of the park, feel confident in Mack given Texan Lb liability which is essential to run Wade Phillips system. look they lost both Mario Williams then Connor Barwin back to back. somethings gotta give.

lack of elite TE production is killing this team. Owen is on a downward spiral & frankly not a big fan of Garrett Graham upside, seems fairly limited to me. Austin is a freak, only question is will he still be available? picked based off need & BPA.

problem with Texan OL is that they've gotten bigger but slower. not what I remember Gibbs drawing up initially with his version of ZBS. Hickey is a smaller more mobile ZBS OT plenty strong enough not to be bull rushed yet quick enough to deal with speed on the edge. great pick @ position of need.

I'm not sure BB if Ryan will still be there but if he is heck of a pick. moved NT way up on my hierarchy of needs for Texans, as mentioned nailed Chris Jones last year but they tried to be too cute & lost him.

Fales dropping to top of the 5th not out of question. seems like a decent kid with starter potential but developmental.

I'm sick every time I see Holliday, another player mocked to Texans in the 6th. this would be a much earlier 6th plus intangibles all way around addressing a sore thumb need.

Blair is nothing special, but a solid football player who could make this roster right now & address shortage @ LB. Special teams a plus. All these players need or should make the roster as it stands. I'll give Ed Reed one more year to see what he can do if that is all next draft I'm going defensive backfield heavy.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote