View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #259
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know it looks bleak. But the fact is that we're among the most talented teams in the league. That's what our salary cap situation reflects, not the gross mismanagement you're suggesting.

Whitney & Reed
still playing on their rookie contracts, maybe underperforming a bit, but Whitney is on pace for a double sack year.
Antonio & Wade are underperforming.
If it were me & I wanted to lower their cap hits I'd have extended them bringing their 2013 cap hits down, but that would cut into the $8M you're already saying is too low.
Garrett Graham
Is the only one on that list of FAs that needs to be resigned.
As it stands we'll be needing a NT, DE, ILB, Safety (if you cut Reed, adding $4M to your $8M figure), OT, OG, RB, QB

If we cut Jjo that would save us another $12M

Cut Jjo $12M
Cut Reed $4M
Currently under the cap $8M

$24M under the cap. & that's without pushing any money into the future.
weak link on D is secondary and J Jo is best DB. How do you replace? Easier said than done.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote