View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #59
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
LOL!

You know, I never really "got" the concept of a Straw Man argument until now.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Unbelievable.
You still don't get the concept.

You are arguing that since "the exchange rate with Mexico favors the US dollar MUCH more than it does with the UK pound," it means Mexico is a better candidate, are you not? If you aren't saying that what the heck are you pointing it out for? And I'm saying in response that the primary consideration isn't just where the exchange rate favors us -- if it were there are a lot of other candidates too. Player safety matters. The purchasing power of the fans in the city or country they place the team matters.

Hypothetical question: If London and Mexico City both got a team and both offered Payton $20 million to play for them, do you think Peyton Manning would rather make $20 million to play in Mexico City or London?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote