View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #258
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I guess when you completely ignore the facts it's easy to assume how arguments get shot down. If you were better informed, not so much. When Wade and Ninja's $13 million salaries along with the other 13 other 2014 Texans Free agents salaries come off the books next year ($21 Million), the Texans are still only able to start the new league year come March only $8 million under the cap. You don't need know math to understand this, simple arithmetic will suffice.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/houston-texans/
I know it looks bleak. But the fact is that we're among the most talented teams in the league. That's what our salary cap situation reflects, not the gross mismanagement you're suggesting.

Whitney & Reed
still playing on their rookie contracts, maybe underperforming a bit, but Whitney is on pace for a double sack year.
Antonio & Wade are underperforming.
If it were me & I wanted to lower their cap hits I'd have extended them bringing their 2013 cap hits down, but that would cut into the $8M you're already saying is too low.
Garrett Graham
Is the only one on that list of FAs that needs to be resigned.
As it stands we'll be needing a NT, DE, ILB, Safety (if you cut Reed, adding $4M to your $8M figure), OT, OG, RB, QB

If we cut Jjo that would save us another $12M

Cut Jjo $12M
Cut Reed $4M
Currently under the cap $8M

$24M under the cap. & that's without pushing any money into the future.