View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #52
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You must not work in the real world because simple business concepts seem to escape you.

Let's say a top flight qb makes 20 million usd a year and it takes 1.50 to purchase 1 gbp well the top flight qb on the London based team would make 13.33 million gbp a year instead. It's very simple math to take care of the conversion. All US based players could still be paid USD, for that matter so could the London based players and no you wouldn't have to make any absurd adjustments for cost of living, is the salary cap adjusted across the US? Nope. I can request my employer pay me in one of about 20 currencies no matter where I work or live.

There is an expense with the flight however is not prohibitive to keep this from happening and certainly something a London based owner would know going in to this

There is also not a magical 3 hour flight difference on the return flight
Actually, I work in Houston for a London-based company. I know about business.

Anyway, as I said, we will have to agree to disagree. I'm done with this conversation.

A London team will not happen.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote