View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013   #254
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think the Ed Reed number there is interesting. $5.3M

That's if he is here next season. People complain about his contract, but I like it. $3.2M this year. That's probably vet minimum if they stretched it out 15 years.

Only cost us $1M to cut him before next season.

So if he did what they thought he would, help us win a Super Bowl..... it cost us $3.2M. If not, we cut him & save $4M against the cap.
Yeah, but you could sign Blaine Gabbert to play FS and say that, because the chance of him helping the Texans win a Super Bowl is about the same. And those of us that never liked the signing have been screaming it from the rooftops that the reason we didn't like and still do not like the signing is because Ed Reed is D.O.N.E. It didn't take a genius, or even an NFL GM, to notice that.

OK, so I exaggerated with the Gabbert comment, but only slightly.