Thread: Third down.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Third down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Honestly, on the offensive side I think having Case in there greatly expands what we can do on 3rd down. Just look at that 3rd and 3 TD pass and think of how many times you can remember us doing that with Schaub in there. Not saying we should always air it out on a 3rd and short, but that kind of variation keeps the defense honest and keeps us unpredictable.
I don't believe we would have taken that shot either, but Schaub was pretty good on 3rd & short. Our problem, for quite some time, is third & long. Unless our back is against the wall, we "don't try" to pick it up. We let Shane flip the field & our defense allows the opponent to march down the field for a TD.

Offensively, that's a safe, conservative way to play football. I don't like it any more than you do...... but if the defense was better on 3rd down, it wouldn't be an issue.