View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #44
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Your logic is backwards. The current London games are almost meaningless. It is a novelty. You could sell out 1 game a year in El Paso. Doesn't mean it will support a team.

NFL Europe on the other hand is very relevant to interest level. Same players, same marketing, same play the Germans were interested and the English were not. That's what all these games are about - trying to build an interest where little exists.
Nfl Europe players were meaningless games with basically garbage players on teams with zero history playing against equally meaningless franchises.
You can't compare interest in that with the draw of the packers in London to play against whatever team ends up there.

Like I said, I would never pay to see the nfl Europe players on an nfl Europe team. Even when I lived in a state with no nfl team, it wouldn't have interested me. It's comparing apples and oranges. It's the same reason I don't care about arena football. But you wouldn't judge a city's ability to support a franchise by how popular their novelty leagues are