View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #237
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 62893 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Belichick does not manage the salary cap. But you know it all so you believe what you want.

Mike
According to Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick does manage the salary cap and I believe it so because Bob Kraft has said it's so;

"I think he'll go down as the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, because he's really competing in the era of the salary cap. I think a lot of great coaches had difficulty understanding how to balance the economics of the game and the budget. His product knowledge is so great," said Kraft, who first came to appreciate Belichick's ability to mix football X's and O's and economics in 1996, when Belichick was an assistant on Bill Parcells' New England staff."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...mpionship-game

It wasn’t one thing; it was everything. The NFL world was changing, and new skills were needed for a coach to succeed.

“Bill Parcells was not transitioning well into the salary-cap era,’’ Kraft maintains.

He felt that Wesleyan economics major Belichick would not have that problem.

Previously, I think I maybe tried to do too many little things,’’ Belichick said, “too many things that maybe took away from bigger picture things I should have been doing.’’

He also said, “There are a lot of things on the periphery and outside, off the field, that are also important toward winning, and I’ll put more time and effort into making sure those things are right for the organization than maybe I did previously.’’

“Bill’s a smart guy,’’ Kraft says. “He knows how to adapt and do what he has to do.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...illing/?page=2

I admit that I don't know it all, nor do I believe that I am all that smart, I may however, be better informed.

Last edited by Texian; 10-26-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote