View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #42
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
It will happen eventually whether we like it or not

London has sold our every game. Mexico City isn't even a consideration so I don't know why anyone's even talking about it

Nfl Europe is meaningless. Of course no one cared about it. How many of you watch the mlb minor league games? I wouldn't watch an nfl Europe team if they were the only teams I had access to either. Inferior played, limited marketing, poor play, very low stakes.
People are talking about Mexico City because Mexico City is an extremely short flight. It's do-able.

The NFL can "talk" London all they want, but, that's just to sell tickets in the moment and build excitement.

I haven't even talked about the expense to fly a jumbo jet across the Atlantic, whether or not London-based NFL players will be paid in British Pounds or US dollars and how that conversion rate would essentially double NFL player salaries under the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, whether or not the London-based team staff would be subject to US taxes, whether they will be subject to European Union labor and employment laws...and a zillion other logistical issues that make a team in London a non-starter.

The NFL will never have a team in London.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote