View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #233
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Also this year the Ravens were able to sign THREE FREE AGENT (3) Pro Bowl players. Signing 3 pro bowl players is something the Texans could not do even if they wanted to because they didn't have the money to do it. According to your logic this makes the Texans better.
Except it's something they do all the time.

Schaub... 2 time pro bowler
Cushing... Pro Bowler
Antonio... Pro Bowler
Wade... . Pro Bowler
Duane.... Pro Bowler
Andre.... Multiple pro bowls
Arian...... Pro Bowl
Joseph... Pro Bowl
OD.......... Pro Bowl

I'm sorry, you said 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Come March every year for the last four years, day 1 of the beginning new league year the Texans have NOT had enough money to meet the basic minimum financial obligations.

The Texans strategy and logic for the last 3 years...
I have no doubt improvements can be made in how we managed the cap. I don't think Winston was ever a $5M/yr player & we let him go because we finally got to a point we couldn't afford to pay him any more. $3M/yr would have been much more bearable.

At the same time, I don't think it's as big an issue as you think. There will be a time when Brady's contract will be renegotiated, the Broncos will borrow money to pay for Peyton, The Ravens will for Flacco.... if it makes sense & it will.

That's the way it is. As mentioned earlier, as long as we aren't $31M over the cap before the league year even starts, we're not talking about "gross mismanagement"