View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013   #230
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Do you always insult those who don't agree with you? Let's turn the tables, first Indy is not my favorite team. I do respect what they have done, how they have handled the Manning situation and the decisions seem to have worked out well whether you agree with what Irsay has done or not.

No doubt about it Luck will be signing one of the largest QB contracts ever when it's his turn. That doesn't stop SMART front offices from signing good players. Baltimore signed Flacco to a $100 million contract this year. Also this year the Ravens were able to sign THREE FREE AGENT (3) Pro Bowl players. Signing 3 pro bowl players is something the Texans could not do even if they wanted to because they didn't have the money to do it. According to your logic this makes the Texans better.

Come March every year for the last four years, day 1 of the beginning new league year the Texans have NOT had enough money to meet the basic minimum financial obligations. Each year every year they have had to borrow money from future years to meet those obligations. According to your logic the Texans are doing a fine job of managing the salary cap.

The Texans strategy and logic for the last 3 years has not been based on who is best player we can get to fill an empty or needed position but who is the best player they can get at the league minimum to fill a needed position. That is a big difference. That is the difference in a good player and a below average player. The Texans strategy and logic consist of finding cheap puzzle pieces to sign and draft that fit their puzzle. The priority for player acquisitions are based on [b]limited dollar signing ability and not what is the best available talent they can sign. And According to your logic the Texans have no salary cap problems and even though can't sign any good FA players the last 3 years. According to your logic Band Aid Management makes the Texans better. The scoreboard says something completely different.
First of all no I don't insult people I disagree with. I tend to insult those that have an air of superiority about them, especially when I think they are full of crap. I've read too many pages of you claiming clairvoyance and seen little evidence of anything other than you are unhappy. The colts handled the Manning situation well but they have had a history of bad drafts, bad cap management and dissapointment that you wouldn't believe. They in a league in which having a great QB gives you a distinct advantage they won one Superbowl in a decade with the greatest qb of all time.

The colts have done nothing special. In fact they are lucky in that they have to pay a star qb peanuts compared to what he is worth. Look at the patriots. Up against the cap every year. The colts will get a few years of cap relief until lucks contract comes due so let's see what happens then.

Take a look at the Giants, Steelers, Pats.

And BTW, the ravens are morons for that signing. Flacco is an above average streaky QB that got hot. They wwon't win another SB while he's there.

P.S. We have a coaching problem, not a cap/talent problem. And please don't tell me that the cap is the coaches responsibility. That's the stupidest system iI've ever heard. The coaches job is to maximize the talent on the field. If he has the purse strings then his concern is winning today. The GMs responsibility is to provide talent now and not screw the tEAM 5 years from now.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote