View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004   #8
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr versus Quincy?

I love sports talk RADIO. It's obvious that guys like Jim Rome are the exception, perhaps even the dreaded Tony Kornholio. Everyone knows that Wilbon CARRIES Korn's rear on PTI, but I'm drifting... back to the point. I value the opinion of most local sports/talk hosts, as much as I do the majority of callers. It's always so entertaining to hear some *****, that can't even speak the English language correctly, or at the very least, at a 5th grade level, comment upon the nuances of ANY GIVEN SPORT. "Yeah, uhhh, I love your show man and I uhhh...you know what I think about these guys in the NFL....cause it's not like they don't get paid....you know, uhhh....like ALOT of money and stuff.....so anyway, I think that Carr like....you know man, he...can I say this?....Yeah, he sucks and is ALOT like Quincy Carter cause .....you know they've been in the league.....for I don't know.....7 years...NO... that was a JOKE I just made up, I know it's really FIVE....but you know what I'm saying?".
"Yeah, unfortunately I do, you're a simpleton who needs to shut up, get back to work and change the right rear tire, on that 1988 Volvo, that Juan, Jim Bob and Punam keep riding you about". I could care less about the "insight" of the majority of sports/talk show callers, or posters on any NFL site. I love the fact that there are literally MILLIONS of serious minded sports fans too. THESE are the guys and gals that I want to hear from. Don't get me wrong. Whenever I'm feeling a little down on myself, have had a rough day, or just went off at the guy who cut me off on the freeway, all I have to do is to listen to some local, washed up jock, who can't even open his e-mail (Bucky in Austin) and I realize just how good I've got it. Pitbull, there are alot of stupid people in this world and to address your point more concisely, there are alot of IGNORANT sports fans, that have no clue about the game that they speak about (all too frequently), in any public forum. You're right, there are NO comparisions between the afore mentioned quarterbacks. That being said, I for one expect a significant improvement in Carr's game, on every level. This should be the year where he makes some significant strides in field awareness, confidence, completetion percentage, interception ratio, adjustments at the line, yards per completion, audible abilities and much more. Do I think he's going to have a Pro Bowl year? Nope, but depending on the offensive line improving, running game bangin', receiver's reliability/consistency, yardage after the catch and most importantly of all, a HEALTHY starting unit( both sides of the ball) he SHOULD be in the top ten rated, QB's in the AFC. I may be unrealistic, but I think the top 5-6 in the AFC, to be an attainable goal. I know many of you have already grown impatient. He may NOT pan out, but if I had to bet everything on yea, or nay, my money would be heavy on D Carr. Quincy WHO?
Livid13 is offline   Reply With Quote