View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #226
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I wish Smithiak had a TENTH of that type of urgency. It is no wonder that the Rockets are poised to contend for championships for years.
Right now, there's no difference.

I thought we were title contenders in 2011..... Schaub got hurt, didn't happen. I think we'd have beat the Ravens with Schaub & those Patriots weren't very good & I think we'd have beat them as well. Matt was playing well... very well in 2011. There is that clutch question that has never been proven beyond a shadow of doubt..... but y'know.

2012, I thought we were a contender...... for 9 weeks or so anyway. The bottom fell out of that thing & it wasn't just Schaub. The run game never got right & the defense fell off a cliff.

2013 as far as I'm concerned, we've got the talent to be a contender. The Texans need to stop shooting themselves in the foot & take care of business.

But you can't argue that the Texans haven't been "poised" to do something. It just never actually happened.

Rockets..... pretty much the same thing. A lot of potential right now... very little proof.