View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #214
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well sure. He never did make a Pro Bowl, and he gave up too many WTF sacks for my liking. But a replacement plan doesn't consist of cutting the starter and then hoping that a 7th round pick outperforms the guy that couldn't outperform the average to slightly above starter you just cut. That's just dumb.

I guess for all the talk of building a team long term and having a long term plan, it annoys me to notice that they really suck at planning.
But Newton wasn't plan A, it was Butler. Butler did an awesome job filling for Duane during his suspension. I honestly thought Butler was a better pass protector than Winston, but not as good in run blocking. I thought Butler would overall be a downgrade, but not by much... certainly justifying the cut to save money I thought. I don't think the FO was expecting either Butler or Newton to be better than Winston.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote