View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #66
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Where to spend the 2014 1st round pick?

I don't like this year's crop of QBs, to be honest. I think a couple of them could pan out to be very good, but I don't see a top end high talent guy like Luck, for instance. I think whoever comes out this year will need a little seasoning. Murray could be the best of the bunch of he were given the right opportunity, but he won't get it because he's 6' tall. Not sold on Boyd, not sold on Bridgewater. Haven't seen enough of Mariota yet, though. If the Texans pick high in the draft, I would rather they look at the top of the 2nd rd for a QB.

One guy that I believe will end up going higher than people think right now, and one I wouldn't mind the Texans going after, is Tim Flanders. I know it's not one of the team's glaring weaknesses (yet), but Tate's leaving and I'm not 100% sold that Foster is not another example of the Larry Johnson syndrome. If it turns out that Keenum plays out the string well, then maybe go QB in the 2nd or even 3rd, with a couple OL in the first 4 rounds.

Crazy, I know, but I like Flanders. Plus, we could nickname him Ned.