View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #210
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I think they made tactical mistakes and counted on players they shouldn't have... I don't think they "had" to cut Winston because of the cap.
Well, they certainly sold the story that it was because of the salary cap, so as far as I'm concerned, they've mismanaged the cap. Regardless what you think about any specific player's situation, there's a generality that applies. If you draft people and they are solid to good players, you have to either keep them (cap management commensurate with talent level) or properly plan to replace them before they are let go (also cap management commensurate with talent level). I don't think the Texans have done a good job on that.