View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #202
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I was not a huge Winston Fan, but in hindsight he was leaps and bounds better than anything we have now. Not even close.

There we're the occasional whiffs, but for the most part he'd block him man in pass pro and he was good in run blocking.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe the Texans felt like he was in a decline .
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Your last line is spot on from what I heard from a friend in the organization. There was solid concern about future performance decline in the near future
The primary reason why Winston was released when he was is because he offered the Texans the most Salary Cap space which the Texans were in desperate need of. Winston gave up 6 sacks during the year without any help but nobody did a better job run blocking and opening up more holes for Foster than Winston. Winston's departure was the beginning of Foster's decline. Since Winston's departure to this day the Texans can not run to the right or in the Red Zone.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote