View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #18
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think the travel thing is seriously overblown. There are five time zones between New York and London -- compared to three between New York and LA. It's an 11 hour round trip flight from New York to San Diego but no one screams that players won't be able to make the flight. They play one game a week for crying out loud. Just have a permanent practice camp for visiting teams and fly them into or out of England on Tuesday or something. I find it hard to believe that athletes in their 20s can't handle the strain of a five hour time change 8 times a year after four days to adjust. Musicians, Actors, and other entertainers can handle it. Other athletes can handle it. Businessmen and politicians can handle it.
I agree that the travel thing isn't a big deal. The game is still played at noon central time (I'm guessing that's the only acceptable time slot for games in London). If you don't try to adjust to the local time, leave your body clock on your own time zone, then it's just like a noon game with a long flight.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote