View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #297
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Colin Kaepernick's first start (albeit at home)
W 32-7 16 comp 23 att 69.6% 243 yards 10.6 ypa 2TD 0 Ints 1 sack 133.1 rate 0 fumbles

I think this is most comparable since he was not the starter & only had 1 week to prepare as the starter. Granted as the #2 he was being prepared similar to the starter & he took garbage time snaps before his first start.

Andrew Luck after OTAs & Training camp as the starter
@CHI L 23 comp 45 att 51.1pct 309 yards 6.9 ypa 1 TD 3 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

Russell Wilson won the starting job in the preseason
@ ARI W 58-0 18 comp 34 att 52.9 pct 153 yards 4.5 ypa 1 TD 1 INT 3 sacks 1 fumble

I know some people say it's ludicrous to compare Case Keenum to Andrew Luck. But those three guys are considered to be "franchise" QBs. If the idea is to see if Keenum can be a franchise guy, I don't know who else to compare him to.

& Keenum compares well after 1 start. Playing a tougher defense, statistically, with less preperation.