View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #15
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 NFL Games in London in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eventually, I think we will see the Jaguars moved to London. Khan, the owner of the Jags, is also the owner of the EPL team Fulham. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them move there and share that stadium until they can build a new one to be split between the two.
I think we are a loooong way away from having a team actually based in London. It's one thing to sell out 3 games with various opponents and having to sell out 8 of potentially crappy team + preseason. Playoffs shouldn't be a problem I'm assuming.

Also, I don't think Fulham and London Jags would ever be able to share a stadium. Fulham is a smaller club that probably wouldn't be able to draw over 40K fans for even the bigger matches (Fulham fans, don't kick me too hard, all I'm saying is that Fulham isn't Arsenal, MU, or even Tottenham). EPL clubs don't like to play in front of big half empty stadiums any more than the NFL does. And a 40K seat stadium is not enough for a successful NFL franchise. In addition to that, the field would not be able to recover from the football game to the next soccer game on a regular basis.

So, I think there are a lot of logistics to figure out just in London, that's before we get to schedule, travel, etc, etc. I'd say 10 years at the earliest for the possible move.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote