View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
If Schaub gets sacked four times in the fourth quarter while only getting one first down, irregardless of the RB situation, in a one point loss where the defense allowed only 17 points... he would be crucified.
& rightfully so. This "system" has been tweaked & customized for him from play selection to personnel selection. They threw in routes, protections, & scheme in 4 days for Keenum.... apples & oranges.

Quote:
Keenum does it and he is hailed as having an amazing game and crowned the franchise QB of the future. Lots of leniency being given to Case with the RB injuries, the KC crowd, the KC defense being able to go off on the passing game, etc.

In the end it was still a loss, with multiple opportunities in a close game that were not realized.....
All good points & I agree whole heartedly. We're overreating to what we saw. Plenty of opportunity for Case to do something amazing, put this team on his shoulders & will us to victory the way Russell Wilson, RG3, & Andrew Luck did as rookies & Kaepernick did as a first time starter.

Didn't happen, but what I saw was a guy who could easily replace Schaub as Kubiak's next paper tiger. As long as we've got a dominant run game & a dominant defense around him.... we're a contender.

The only problem is if he can't take care of the ball (ala Schaub2013) he's going to make it difficult for this team to realize it's potential. & fumbling twice a game isn't much different than throwing INTs... fumbling inside the 10, recovered by the other team with 1:42 left in the game & no timeouts is no different than a pick 6; only looks different on the score board.

Quote:
I remember when everyone here thought that TJ was going to push Schaub for the starting job last year. Now it's all about Case. The franchise QB for the Texans is not on this roster, we just want to believe he is so that we can move away from Schaub. That, and the Cougar homerism. IMHO, none of our three current QB's will be the starting QB next season.
I remember when the team talked about Tj's Aura.

& after watching Keenum play in a real game, I can get on board with the theory that the team laid down on Schaub. They thought they had something in Tj, then they're watching Keenum make plays against our 1st team defense in practice... then they get chastised every time Schaub scores 6+1 for the other team.....