View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #88
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
If Schaub gets sacked four times in the fourth quarter while only getting one first down, irregardless of the RB situation, in a one point loss where the defense allowed only 17 points... he would be crucified.
That is not true. He'd just have his jersey burned at the stake with him in it.

Regarding TJ a couple years ago, there were plenty of us that never really thought he had what it took. He did a good job of not throwing int.'s, by not even trying to pass downfield much, until the Ravens game where he finally had to....and we all saw what happened. We were proud of what a 3rd stringer managed to do, but very few actually wanted TJ over Schaub.

Keenum, on the other hand....look, it's like the TD pass to DeAndre last Sunday; dude has an arm, has the guts to use it, AND has some SERIOUS ability to just drop that sucker right in a WR's hands on the long over-the-shoulder throws. We saw it in the preseason & we saw it last Sunday. Throwing that kind of pass that well is something I've never really seen a QB do (with any consistency) who wasn't a successful starter. That pass is a hallmark for superstar QB, & I've seen him do it too many times in the NFL already. Yeah, he could still turn out to suck, but he's got "I'm a leader; gimme the damn ball, coach!" written all over 'im right now.

Precision bombing. Some can and many can't.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote