View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
AND - and here's the big one - we're right up against the salary cap and will be for the next few years.

Keeping Kubiak after 2010 was a grave, massive mistake that has backed this team into a corner.
First I'll say I was behind the get rid of Kubiak after 2010...

Second, I disagree. We'll be up against the cap next season, but 2015 the cap will finally go up. The players got screwed on the CBA, especially where the cap is concerned. The Texans made an assumption, they gambled & it bit them in the butt.

But we're up against the cap because we've got good players & they're being paid accordingly. We'll be up against the cap next season, because we've got a few more contracts due.

& I don't care what anybody says, $10M a year for a starting QB is a good deal. Prior to 2013 Matt Schaub was easily comparable to Flacco, Ryan, & Romo, all of which got $100M (~ $16-$20M/yr) deals & if you're objective about it, you'll admit Matt has looked healthier & more mobile than he has in years.

Matt Schaub hasn't performed to expectation, Brown hasn't played up to expectation, Antonio & Jjo hasn't played up to expectations, Wade hasn't played up to his contract, & while the Texans' plans for RT & LG looked promising in the preseason, neither panned out. OLB... a couple more gambles that didn't pan out.

2011 & 2012 were Kubiak's best years as a coach... both years presented challenges that should have kept us out of the play-offs, but we found a way to win, get in, & win... so what it was the Bengals (who were in the same situation we were in), you play who's on your schedule.

This year, he's woefully underperformed, there's no reason we shouldn't have looked as good as the Broncos but while they are 6-1, we're 2-5 (with a 5 game losing streak) & have underperformed on both sides of the ball.

But, he's got 9 games to make it right. & as bleak & grim as it looks, we've got the talent & I believe the coaching to make something special happen. All we've got to do is make the play-offs, then it's a whole new season.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote