View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013   #78
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Something doesn't jive with her knocks on Keenum..

It's understandable to be skeptical about him last year, or
during the preseason -- but at this point he's the best thing
we have to roll out in the QB position.

I'd wager "TexansChick" is a Texas alumna who has a latent
hate for all of the local hero love Keenum gets and is probably
bitter that VY never got his turn in a Texans uni.

Just my "freud-ish" take on it..

TJ
I have accused Texans Chick of being too "pro-Kubiak" (even though I do think she's very, very smart).

In this piece, however, I agree with her. If you read the whole thing, she was saying that we need to take a step back and look at the "big picture" of the future of this team, and - if you do that - things look grim.

Yes, we're all into the Keenum love this week. But, taking a step back and looking at the overall team, things look pretty rough. If we don't make the playoffs this year, we will have to make hard decisions about our coach and GM, AND, we will likely have to let several players walk, AND - and here's the big one - we're right up against the salary cap and will be for the next few years.

So her point was, we have to win NOW. If we don't win now, which doesn't look like it's going to happen, we are screwed - regardless of who we have under center.

Keeping Kubiak after 2010 was a grave, massive mistake that has backed this team into a corner.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote