View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY'S Bye week mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
defence heavy draft and i like it.
depth is an issue especially in the LB and secondary and this is addressed well.

I Would like an OT taken earlier but you clearly have your reasons.

What do you think about the future of our CBs???
Very interesting question and one I had figured out before 1) MS lost confidence 2) We did not resolve ILB Mays not the answer so far 2) Reed is better cheerleader than player. Here is what I think as of now; KJ is under contract 2014 @ $3m so no issue. Joseph cap same in 2014 @ $11.25 m and if healthy I'm ok with it. We have nothing in back up. Zero. Nada. McCain can't play nickle let alone replace either of these guys. I am about to give up on Harris whom I championed and mocked.

As much as I hate it, if Joseph heals up I'd probably bonus him out to reduce his cap hit spreading bonus over 2 more years. He is 29 now. More importantly, there is no CB that could start 2014 in draft. Closest is Roby Ohio ST. who was ejected for targeting Saturday and maybe Justin Gilbert in 2nd round. I was interested in Exum prior to his injury. So...I go with Dixon who can play FS & nickle. Then Jackson who could be an option for 2015 to replace Joseph or KJ (if he doesn't sign team friendly deal).

Also FYI, if Joseph is cut or traded, his pro rated bonus from '14 & '15 $3.5 x2 is $11.25 - 7 = $4.25 savings. Guarantee has been paid. Free agency an option or trade?