View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #160
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Rick Smith's poor job of managing the cap has closed our window for the time bein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
For four years in a row the Texans have begun the new league year without enough money to pay for their minimum financial obligations, mainly the 53 man roster and the 8 player practice squad. Some people (me) say that is salary cap mismanagement. Some people (me) say this is a big part of the reason for The Texans demise. As of today the results, 2-5, support my theory. This is what I predicted 2 years ago. It's not rocket science, it's simple math. The Texans are on course to repeat the same pattern of behavior and operations in 2014 and as a result if carried out 2014 will be worse than 2013.
So if by some miracle we finish 9-7 qualifying for a play-off spot, would that mean you were wrong? Or does it take a 10-6 season to prove you're wrong?

If Schaub had thrown 25 TDs & 2 INTs to now, we could very well be 6-1 right now, with the same salary cap issues.

If the defense played disciplined defense, we could be 3-4, maybe 4-4 same salary cap issue.

The Texans have got problems, but so far it does not look like a salary cap issue, it looks more like a coaching issue.