View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #6
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Visiting Team Fan's tailgating

What? A raider fan not looking for trouble? (I kid, I kid) Seriously, though. Feel free to stop by the Blue Crew tailgate. We openly welcome opposing fans. We're in the platinum Lot. Maps are in the photo section on the Facebook page, and are posted on Saturdays again before the game.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueCrewTailgate

For breweries, I'd recommend Saint Arnolds & Karbach.

FYI - Here's some details on gameday you may or may not know:

For gameday, there's a few options. First the "rules"

Each person entering the tailgate lots must have a gameday ticket or a tailgate pass.
Each vehicle entering the lot must have a parking pass. (Buses & RVs may require two)

Okay, so thats it for getting in the lot. As far as tailgating:

Platinum Lot opens at 7am. All other lots open at 8am. Pedestrian traffic is allowed in at 8:30am

You're welcome to join the Blue Crew tailgate when you come in, we're in the Platinum Lot at the Northwest corner. No cover charge, no requirements, just stop in & say hi. We'll take care of the drinks & food. You can find maps on the facebook page : www.facebook.com/BlueCrewTailgate

Check Blue Crew thread in the tailgating section once it's posted (around a week before the game).

Regarding Houston-

If you are a fan of craft beer, we have several breweries here in Houston. I highly recommend a visit to the Saint Arnold Brewery. Karbach is also great. If you are interested in sampling several craft beers, I recommend visiting The Petrol Station. They ONLY serve craft beers. No Bud light, No Heineken, No liquor. The staff is very knowledgeable and will answer you questions. It also has a lot of outdoor seating, and the weather should be good during that time.

One of the best burgers in town can be had at Lankford Grocery or the Hubcap Grill.

For BBQ, check out Gatlin's

If you're a foodie - for Upscale dining, check out Pass & Provision

Orther areas of interest in Houston - Art Car Museum, Menil Collection, The Level 9 tour at NASA, just to name a few.

If you have any questions about the stadium, gameday, or about Houston - ask away.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote