View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BADBOY'S Bye week mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think Nix could be a lot like Star Lotulelei. I have the Panthers DST in my fantasy leagues, so I have been paying some attention to them. Star collapses the pocket and enables the pass rushers around him to get to the QB. His impact doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but if you watch him, teams are having to put their C and a guard on him almost every play. It really makes me wonder what JJ would do with a guy like that next to him. If Nix frees up JJ to go 1v1 on their OT, I think that alone would make it worth the pick.

Star went 14th in the last draft due to that heart issue, and also the positional value. So I think it's pretty reasonable to project Nix around the 10th pick in this draft.

I like the ILB pick, and unfortunately it has to be addressed this early. If Cushing hadn't gone down, I'd say spend a 4-5th on this spot, but he really forces this pick.

I'm OK with McCarron. I mean, he's pretty good, has a great record, and has shown a lot of maturity in his career at Bama. I think he's pretty good at everything, but not really a gamechanger. Seems like a Joe Flacco type QB to me.

If you think Ahmad Dixon can play free safety, then sign me up. I expect Daniel Manning to be gone next year, so we definitely need help here. I kind of wonder if maybe we could get by with swapping ILB here, and taking a FS with good cover skills in the 2nd.

RT? You don't think Derek Newton is the answer for the future? We do have Brenan Williams and Quessenberry coming back though, so maybe we don't need to spend a pick on RT. Could probably use a TE, CB or DE here.

Yeah, CB is a big need. I know you said Dixon could play nickel, but I'd rather see a true CB take that role.

DE is another position of need, which may be addressed here. I think we will have at least 1 5th compensatory pick this year, so I could see an RB going there, and then some D-line help with the others.
Yeah I am unabashedly a Newton fan but has not been allowed to heal his niggling injuries this season. Regardless, Williams may not come back and Q is starting LG for future IMO. Also on your bolded, Dixon can play nickle but I do have Jackson in 6th if there.

Enjoyed your thoughts and may note more later.